Michael "Mike" A. Hoerig, CPA, Audit Partner
"I like that everyone at HeinfeldMeech believes in continuous improvement. Whether we’re striving to better our clients, our firm or ourselves, we’re never happy with 'good enough'."
- University of Arizona Alumnus - Bear Down!
- A Cleveland Browns win makes him happy
- Enjoys biking, hiking, tailgating and yard work
- Believes that Cedar Point is the best amusement park
Areas of Expertise:
- Working with governments and non-profits
- Yellow Book and Single Audits (OMB Uniform Guidance) - recipient of the Advanced Single Audit Certificate from the AICPA
- Financial statement and compliance audits
- Development of financial statement software for governments (SimpliFi)
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
- New Mexico Audit Rule
Links to Articles and Presentations:
- Non-Profit Accounting for Website Development Costs
- Capitalizing Website Development Costs
- Have You Assessed Your Risks?
- Changes to Federal Financial Management and Audit Requirements
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Government Finance Officers Association