Karin M. Smith, MBA, SFO, CFE, Consulting Partner
"As a member of the Consulting Team at HeinfeldMeech, I have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients both internally and externally on numerous types of engagements. Our clients are driven to do what is best for their community and my role is to help guide them in those decisions. My experience and expertise in day-to-day operations as well as a deep understanding of the compliance requirements allows me to be a resource to our clients."
- Very close, large family. Enjoy spending time away from work with many, many nieces and nephews
- Enjoys traveling, especially to the beach
- Life doesn’t exist without Diet Pepsi
- Wildcat Fan!
- Graduate of all three state universities
Areas of Expertise:
- School district finance and operations
- Trainings for client personnel
- Identifying efficiencies for school districts
- Popular Annual Financial Report submissions to GFOA for awards
- Meritorious Budget Award reviews
- Speaker at conferences and trainings sponsored by AASBO, ASBO International, NMASBO, Arizona School Board Association, GFOA, Association of Government Accountants Phoenix Chapter, Arizona School Computer Users’ Support Group, and the Native American Grant School Association
- Chair for AASBO’s 2014 Winter Conference and committee member for AASBO quarterly conferences
- Member of GFOA’s review committee for Popular Annual Financial Reports
- Member of ASBO International’s School Finance Professional Committee
- Member of ASBO International's Meritorious Budget Awards Advisory Committee
- Revised examination for Administrator in School Finance and Operations certification with ASBO International
Links to Articles and Presentations:
- Calendar Year End Tasks - Don't Miss Important Deadlines!
- Adding Data Mining and Analytics to Your Tool Box
- FLSA - Clarifying the Education Establishment Provision
- From Risk Assessment to Analyzing Data - Key Fraud Tools to Use
- The Often-Forgotten Phase of Procurement: Contract Management
- A Look at Fraud
- You're Hired! (Now Protect Your Organization from IRS Issues and Fines)
- Are Your Financials Transparent?
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Arizona Association of School Business Officials
- Association of School Business Officials International
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Government Finance Officers Association